Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bossy Sarah


We've mentioned before that our Sarah has been quite the little "mother hen", especially since Hannah's arrival. Along with that, she is also rather bossy. Every now and then, I'll hear her saying things like, "Teh-fer (her abbreviation for Christopher), dwink your mewk (milk)!" or "Teh-fer, wash your hands!" or "Say tank-you...say tank-you, Teh-fer!" At the dinner table when Christopher is resisting his vegetables, Sarah will automatically chime in with, "Mmmm, it's so good...it's so good, Teh-fer, twy it! You wike it!" No doubt, she has heard me (Mindy) say all of these things. What she HASN'T heard me say (I promise!) is what popped out of her mouth at the restaurant last night...
Yesterday was John's day off, so after a swim at the pool and a good nap, we all went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. The server came (a young guy) to take our drink order and Christopher immediately started telling him, "I would like pizza...Sarah and I would like cheese pizza." I told him I'd have a water, John a diet coke, and the kids would just have water. He then asked if we would like any appetizers, which we didn't. During that moment, Sarah leaned over the table, looked at the server and yelled, "GO GET MY WATER!" Looking back, we probably shouldn't have laughed so hysterically, but we were all so taken aback by her boldness toward this complete stranger that we just cracked up. Needless to say, it will be quite a challenge to raise her up to have a quiet and gentle spirit...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I would've cracked up laughing, too, had I been there. Luke has been refering to Christopher as "Tiffer", too.

Love & miss you guys!
Melanie