Saturday, September 8, 2007

New beds for Christopher and Sarah...


Ah, it's Saturday afternoon, the dishes are done, the laundry is going, all 3 kids are napping...so why am I not taking advantage of this golden opportunity to take a nap myself?!? I think the above picture of Hannah illustrates well how I feel most of the time. Here she is, so tired that she's sucking her thumb, and yet she can't seem to take her eyes and hand off of that toy in front of her. My body would thoroughly benefit from a nap right now, and yet I don't want to miss out on any fun I could have while I have some free time! True to my Chinese heritage, one of the ways I define "fun" is taking pictures, editing them, posting them and telling a story (however mundane) through them. Hope you enjoy!


Yesterday two twin beds were delivered to our house so that Christopher and Sarah could have their very own beds. Since we moved Sarah out of the crib and into the toddler bed, Christopher had to move to the guest room bed, which was a full-size bed. Sarah has since outgrown the tiny toddler bed (she kept falling out of it in the middle of the night) and so we simply moved her up into the big full-size bed with Christopher, where there was plenty of room for both. Well, they obviously couldn't stay that way forever, so we decided it was time to replace the one big bed with 2 smaller beds. We also got Van Gogh's "Starry Night" to complement Christopher's solar system-themed bed spread and Monet's "Waterlilies" to go with Sarah's pastel, floral-printed bed spread. Needless to say, they both love the room and their new beds.



2 comments:

Fabian Fibonacci said...

I love that you use classic works of art for decorating in their room. I wish I had thought of that!
Alison

shelley said...

I can so relate to the desire to spend your "free" time doing something fun instead of the much-needed nap. Sounds just like my life these days! You don't really need a nap unless other things don't sound as fun, right?