Saturday, September 13, 2008

Home...


John took this picture of Mary Grace yesterday before left the hospital. Here she is only 1 day old and already exploring the world around her.

Even though I had delivered just the day before and then had surgery early yesterday morning (umbilical hernia repair), I was SO ready to get out of the hospital and come home. I just cannot rest in hospitals and I wanted the comforts of my own home. So after waiting hours for the doctors, nurses and hospital to clear everything, Mary Grace and I were discharged around 7:00 p.m. Thankfully, Nana and Pop brought a yummy dinner over to our house where they and our kids were waiting. We were so thankful to be home.

Even though I didn't get much sleep last night, it was quiet, comfortable, and nobody was waking me up to check my vitals! So I got to truly enjoy spending those quiet hours with Mary Grace in our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful, I can really see both of you in her face. I know what you mean about not resting in hospitals, me too....

april