Thursday, September 11, 2008


This will be my last update until our baby girl arrives.  My water was broken around 10 am and I had dilated to 5cm by 12:30pm.  At that time the nurse asked me if I wanted her to call anesthesia and have them pump up the dose of my epidural. I was begining to feel the contractions more, but they weren't too intense and so I decided to hold off. I told her that a part of me was just a bit curious and so, I decided to wait. About 10 minutes later, after she left the room, I had a couple of really good contractions and then pressed the nurse call button. When she came back, I told her that my curiosity had been satisfied and I was ready for a larger dose on the epidural! 

At 2:30, the nurse came back and checked me. I had dialated to 8cm and was all the way effaced. The baby had dropped to zero station and she figured that I'd be ready to push in about an hour. It took me 2.5 hours to push Sarah out, 13 minutes to push Hannah out, and I'm hoping that I can just sneeze this baby out! We shall see. Details to follow, but that's the latest. Signing off until our baby girl is here... 

No comments: