The Feb 2007 issue of the 9Marks newsletter address the issue of elders in the church.
Web site: http://www.9marks.org
Here is Jonathan Leeman's summary of this month's issue:
This issue of 9News and the next are devoted to the topic of elders. This month, we asked a number of thoughtful pastors like John MacArthur, Alexander Strauch, Tom Schreiner, Sinclair Ferguson, and others what lessons they had learned in selecting men as elders. Mark Dever and Paul Alexander offer their collective thoughts on finding the right men. Justin Taylor and Matt Schmucker reflect—exegetically and practically—on whether unbelief in an elder’s children disqualifies him. And Burk Parsons and Benjamin Merkle discuss, respectively, nominating and ordaining elders.
Watch for these articles in the March issue on training and working as an elder:
- Four Lessons in Shepherding, by Paul Alexander
- How Ligon Trains His Men
- Bill Mounce and Seminary Smarties
- Thabiti Anyabwile on the Ninth Mark of Healthy Church
- Disagreements and Differences Among Elders, by Matt Schmucker
- What the Capitol Hill Baptist Church Elders Who Aren’t Mark Dever Say Is Essential for Eldering!