Thursday, February 1, 2007

Using OneNote for sermon preparation

I have been using Microsoft's OneNote for a few years now in my sermon prepartion process (along with Bibleworks). Today I came across a method that a missionary overseas uses to combine OneNote and Mindmapper to do all his teaching preparation, as well as ministry project planning. Here is a post for those who might be interested in learning more…

http://missionarygeek.blogspot.com/2007/01/putting-onenote-mindmanager-together.html and also http://blogs.msdn.com/descapa/default.aspx.

2 comments:

wn said...

John,

Thanks for making this available. As I have tried to find good tools for sermon prep, I have found that I did not have a great way of storing, searching and retrieving good quotes. I had a knack for finding good quotes that did not fit the sermon I was working on and then would inevitably write them down and consign them to the abyss of forgetfulness.

One solution I have been using and developing is at http://managemyquotes.com which is a free service that allows me to create a searchable quotation library that can be organized by category. It is still in its beta, but I need beta testers, so if you think this might help you or your colleagues, please pass this link on.

John McCracken said...

Will,

Thanks for the tip re: managemyquotes. I'll take a look at it. I've developed a fairly elaborate method of capturing quotes/illustrations by topic on OneNote. So far it has served me well, but having time to update it is always a challenge.