Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation 2009 - part II - Longwood Gardens

Ever since we discovered how close Longwood Gardens was to my mom's house 3 years ago, we have made a visit there a big priority every time we return to PA.
This time we took my sister, her two boys and a little girl that my sister watches during the week. It was quite a circus keeping track of all 7 kids!

I didn't pack enough cool-weather clothing, so my sister provided my kids with some hats and jackets. Were it not for the pink blankets, some might mistake Mary Grace for a baby boy!

Much to the dismay of my inlaws, Sarah wore Phillly Eagles hat to keep warm.

Cousins, Luke and Sarah, hanging out in the children's garden.

Elijah, checking out the water fountains in the children's garden.

Cousins, Elijah and Hannah, sitting on the bee throne.

Elijah, taking a load off.

Luke, posing for a picture in the conservatory.

John and me inside the conservatory.

3 strollers containing 4 of the 7 kids, and we still found ourselves chasing down kiddos!

Here we are making our way down a hallway in the conservatory...we were quite a noisy bunch!

Beautiful hydrangeas.

Columbine flower.

Dianthus flowers outside.

Foxgloves. I think Beatrix Potter draws and mentions these in her story about Jemima Puddleduck.

Mommy and Hannah in one of the tree houses.

Christopher checking out the Italian water gardens.

Sarah holding up her dried-up, brown, dead leaf that she found by the restrooms...lovely.

The lake by the tree house and Italian Water Gardens - so tranquil.

Mommy and Sarah in front of the Wisteria tree.

Wisteria trees. They smelled so heavenly.

Hannah sitting by the dianthus and yelling, "Pwetty fwow-yers!"

Paw Paw and Mary Grace taking a break from all the walking we did.

No comments: