Friday, February 15, 2008

10 hours of glorious sleep

Eugene Peterson says that sleeping is an act of humility. The act of sleep says, "the world does not depend on me." If this is true, then I was very humble last night! ;-) Mindy and I made it home without a flight delay (I don't remember the last time that happened) and we were both in bed a little before 10pm. I slept 10 hours! It felt so good. It also gave me hope that I can make it through the rest of the weekend. Today I must write my Sunday sermon and tomorrow I'm teaching a class from 9:30 till 2:30. Jeff Morrow was kind enough to teach my men's group this morning. It's great to sleep in your own bed and it's even better to get all caught up. At some point, perhaps next week, I would like to blog some reflections on what I learned over the past few days. I really appreciate Trinity's willingness to let me participate in the pastor's summit.

No comments: